CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.6-8.6 Identify aspects of a text that reveal an author’s point of view or purpose (e.g., loaded language, inclusion or avoidance of particular facts).
- Lesson on Point of View: Paul Revere and the Boston Massacre (Library of Congress)
- Lesson on Identifying Author's Point of View with Examples for Practice
- Lesson on Analyzing Point of View and Purpose with Activities and Organizers
- Lesson (Video) on Analyzing Point of View
- Lesson on Evaluating Point of View Using "The Big Bad Wolf"
Activities for Author's Point of View and Purpose
- Activities and Practice Passages for Identifying Author's Perspective and Purpose
- Social Studies Task Card for Author's Purpose and Perspective (Go to page 26.)
- Strategies for Teaching Point of View (Scroll to the bottom of the page.)
- How to Detect Bias in News Media